Casting couch exists: Ranveer Singh


                                                                          Ranveer





The casting couch has probably existed as long as Bollywood has. Every era of the industry has witnessed the 'couch concept'. It's a dark side of the industry few like to talk about. 


It's discussed in hushed tones, behind closed doors and the acts that follow lay under 'covers' like stories untold. The Madhur Bhandarkar-Pretti Jain controversy is making headlines again. This week Bollywood Big Story debates on Bollywood's casting couch. Is the casting couch concept an easy ticket to stardom? If an actor is willing to use the 'couch' at his/her own will, is it wrong? Is it easier for women to use this model to bag roles? And last but not the least, is this 'casting couch' being used by aspiring actors and models to victimise the industry?


Tune in to Bollywood Big Story this Saturday, September 24, at 12:30 pm only on zoOm - India's No 1 Bollywood channel.


Jackky Bhagnani, Actor: The casting couch exists in every industry. People want to know more about films, so it gets publicized. Unfortunately, it exists and it's only practical and sensible to accept it. If you are willing to take short cuts, it's your call.


Sonam Kapoor, Actor: Being a part of film family people don't misbehave with you because your parents have earned respect and goodwill in the industry.


Sonam Kapoor


Sandhya Mridul, Actress and Casting Director: Casting couch exists. It's your choice whether to sleep on it or not. I'm a casting director and I want to fight against it. My clients feel safe with me; I have some credibility because I am an actor.


Anurag Kashyap, Filmmaker: I don't think directors like Imtiaz Ali, Dibaker Banerjee, or I would give someone a role just because they would sleep with us. It doesn't work that way. These stories actually make it difficult for strugglers to approach us.


Ranveer Singh Actor: Yes, casting couch does exist in the industry. I've experienced it during my struggling days. But it depends on how you tackle the situation. I chose to decline politely.